If you purchased a copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts for PlayStation 3, you can easily upgrade Call of Duty: Ghosts to PlayStation 4. Each copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts for PlayStation 3 included an insert with a 12-digit code. You will need this code and the PlayStation 3 copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts in order to upgrade to PlayStation 4.
To redeem your code on a PlayStation 3:
- Log in to your PlayStation Network account. If you do not have one, you will need to create one.
- Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PlayStation 3 home screen.
- Select Redeem Codes
- Enter the 12-digit code and select Continue.
- Select Confirm to accept the Terms of Service.
- Select Continue to complete the code redemption.
Once the code redemption is complete, you can proceed to downloading the digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts on your PlayStation 4.
- On the PlayStation 4 system, register the PlayStation 4 using the same account you used to redeem the code.
- Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PlayStation 4 home screen.
- Search for Call of Duty: Ghosts in the PlayStation Store, then select Purchase to download the digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts to your PlayStation 4 hard drive. This is a $10 transaction that will be deducted from your network wallet.
- Insert the PlayStation 3 game disc into your PlayStation 4 to play Call of Duty: Ghosts. You will always need to use the PlayStation 3 game disc to play the digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts on the PlayStation 4.
For more information on how DLC transfers between consoles, check out Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Compatibility
For more information, check out the Next-Gen Upgrade FAQ