If your rank and stats have become altered or modified outside of normal game mechanics, the Call of Duty servers will attempt to restore them using the most recently stored backup. This means that your rank and stats may not be exactly where they were before the reset occurred.
Rank and stats issues can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- playing on a shared connection — data loss can occur over shared connections such as college or corporate networks
- playing on a Wi-Fi connection — wireless connections tend to be unstable due to NAT restrictions
- quitting matches early — data is routinely stored at the conclusion of each match; leaving a match early can negatively impact data from previous matches
- exiting the game early — leaving the game before a public match is complete could impact data from previous matches
- playing in private matches with players you don't know — accepting private match invitations from players you don't know can unknowingly enter you into a hacked lobby and/or leave you susceptible to data loss
Best practices to protect your rank and stats:
- Always play public matches over a wired connection.
- Always complete public matches.
- Never play on a shared connection.
- Only play private matches with players you know and trust.
If you feel your ranks and stats were altered or modified outside of normal game mechanics, please review the following to see if you are eligible to have your rank and stats restored.
If you feel you are eligible for assistance based on the criteria above, please submit a request through the Call of Duty: Ghosts Rank and Stats Restoration Tool.
- This service is available for Xbox Live and PlayStation Network accounts that are linked to a Call of Duty account.
- Submissions are limited to one submission every 30 days per console.
Due to the complexity of these investigations, we may not be able to restore your rank and stats to the exact state they were in prior to the corruption. Cases are generally resolved within three business days, however resolution times can vary based on the complexity of the case. Once we have completed our investigation, we will provide the results via email.
Rank and stat restorations are not guaranteed, and are carried out at our sole discretion.