Sony has unveiled a new feature allowing players to optionally change their PlayStation Network Online ID (PSN ID). In most cases, changing your PSN ID will not affect gameplay or your gameplay data with Activision games, including all PlayStation 4 games originally published on or after April 1, 2018. However, a PSN ID change will affect the following games on PlayStation 3:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – All Multiplayer progression will be lost. You will then be stalled at rank 1 and unable to progress further.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – You will be unable to play the game.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – All Multiplayer progression will be lost.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – You will be unable to play the game.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – Your PlayStation account will unlink from your Call of Duty account, but you will be able to relink provided you log in to the same Call of Duty account. Learn more about Linking Console Accounts.
Check out Sony's FAQ for more information.
Be sure to also review Sony's list of games tested for PSN ID change compatibility.