This may be caused by a faulty game card, a faulty digital game download, or problems with the PlayStation Vita.
- Check the card for abrasions, scratches, and dust.
- Try deleting the game data. This should not affect your saved game as it is stored in a different folder.
- Try the game on another PlayStation Vita. If the same problem occurs on another PlayStation Vita then it is an indication that the problem is most likely with the game card itself.
- Try unplugging your internet connection before launching the game.
- If none of the above resolves the issue then this may indicate a problem with your PlayStation Vita and you will need to contact PlayStation Consumer/Technical support at (1-800-345-SONY). Additional PS Vita troubleshooting suggestions can be found at Sony's support site.
NOTE: Activision cannot guarantee functionality on PlayStation Vita systems using 3rd party hardware (including, but not exclusive to: Memory Cards, controllers, chips, and cables).
If you have ruled out any issues with your PlayStation Vita, and have determined that you will need a card replacement, you can request one by going to http://warranty.activision.com.