My Call of Duty: Ghosts Stats Have Been Reset or Rolled Back
If your rank and stats have become altered or modified outside of normal game mechanics, the Call of Duty servers will attempt to restore them using the most recently stored backup. This means that your rank and stats may not be exactly where they were before the reset occurred.
Rank and stats issues can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- playing on a shared connection — data loss can occur over shared connections such as college or corporate networks
- playing on a Wi-Fi connection — wireless connections tend to be unstable due to NAT restrictions
- quitting matches early — data is routinely stored at the conclusion of each match; leaving a match early can negatively impact data from previous matches
- exiting the game early — leaving the game before a public match is complete could impact data from previous matches
- playing in private matches with players you don't know — accepting private match invitations from players you don't know can unknowingly enter you into a hacked lobby and/or leave you susceptible to data loss
Best practices to protect your rank and stats:
- Always play public matches over a wired connection.
- Always complete public matches.
- Never play on a shared connection.
- Only play private matches with players you know and trust.