Before embarking on your adventure, it is recommended that you download and install the game update available on all platforms. The update includes performance improvements, Dragonrot balancing, various bug fixes, and text and voice-over fixes.
To update Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, follow the steps below based on your platform.
Please note: Do not start playing the game until the update has fully downloaded and installed.
- Connect to the internet and sign in to your PSN account.
- On the home screen, navigate to the Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice tile.
- Press the OPTIONS button and select Check for Update.
- Select Go to [Downloads] to begin downloading the update.
- Connect to the internet and sign in to your Xbox Live account.
- One the home screen, navigate to My games & apps.
- Select Games from the options on the left, then select Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
- Select Manage game.
- Select Updates from the options on the left.
- Select Update to begin downloading the update.
Please note: In some instances, Xbox One players might experience game crashes if they boot the game and then attempt to download the Day One update. The update will still download and install in the background after the crash. If this happens to you, relaunch the game after the update has finished installing.
Launching the game for the first time will initiate the update automatically.