If you’re having trouble with your controller while playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice on PC, check out the troubleshooting and tips below.
1. My Xbox One controller stops working when I hit the main menu. What should I do?
If your Xbox One controller loses functionality when you get to the main menu, it is an indication that your controller's firmware are not up to date.
To update your controller's firmware on Windows 10 using the Xbox Accessories app:
- Launch the Xbox Accessories app.
- Connect your controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
- Please note: You'll be prompted to update to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition if you haven't yet done so.
- When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.
To update your controller's firmware using an Xbox One:
- Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
- Connect to Xbox Live.
- Press the Menu button.
- Go to Settings → Devices & accessories and select the controller.
- Select Update to download the new firmware.
2. The camera moves in game whenever I move my PlayStation 4 controller. What should I do?
If your PlayStation 4 controller is acting like a mouse by moving your camera in game, you'll need to turn off the gyroscope setting. To do this:
- Press the PS home button to enter Big Picture Mode.
- Select Settings.
- Select Controller Settings.
- Check PlayStation Configuration Support if it's not already checked.
- Return to Settings and then select Base Configurations.
- Go to Big Picture Mode.
- In the screenshot of the controller, select the Gyro button.
- Change In-Game Action to None.
3. How do I adjust my inversion settings?
It's possible the configuration in Steam and in the game are conflicting. To fix this:
- Open Steam in Big Picture Mode.
- Select Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice from your library and select Manage Game.
- Under Preferences, select Configure Controller.
- Change your inversion settings to the default settings.
- Return to the game to apply your inversion settings.