If you're signed in but having trouble connecting, check your system's status page for connectivity alerts, maintenances, or other factors indicating that servers are not fully operational.
If there are issues with your system's servers, you might experience connectivity issues until the servers return to full operation.
On PlayStation and Xbox consoles, testing your connection might reveal the root cause of the problem. Follow the steps below to test your console's connection.
- From the PlayStation home screen, select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Test Internet Connection and allow the test to run.
Find out more about connection tests on PlayStation 4.
- Turn on your Xbox One without a disc inside and go to Xbox Home.
- Go to Settings and select Network.
- In the right-hand column, select Test network connection, and allow the test to run.
If this test finds a break in your connection, you'll receive an error message. This message identifies where your connection failed in order of priority, and offers troubleshooting steps to help correct the problem. Learn more about Xbox One network connection test error messages.
Please note: You can also run Test multiplayer connection to identify issues leading to lag, disconnects, or other game-related network issues.
For more help with Xbox One connection issues, check out the following pages:
To check your console's internet connection bandwidth, run speedtest.net on your console’s browser.