Posting massive Scores is the key to succeeding in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2. But you can’t just button-mash your way there. Here are some tips that’ll help you rank up high Scores:
- You need to string multiple tricks together to form a Combo. The more tricks you add before you put your board down, the higher your score multiplier gets.
- Gaps are environmental obstacles that you can discover in each Park. If you overcome one of those in the middle of Combo, that’ll add to your multiplier just like a trick.
- Adding a spin to your tricks will add a multiplier as well.
- Using the same trick repeatedly in your Combo causes that Trick’s score to drop. Remember to mix in variety to your Combos.
- Be sure to change your Stance (Riding Switch) in order to improve your Scores, too. You can do that by using Reverts.
Be sure to check out the Combo Challenges to learn advanced techniques for building sick Combos.
- If you have trouble Skating, don’t forget you can revisit the Tutorials.
- All Loading Screens feature Pro-Tips that will help you improve your skating.
- If you fall, pressing the face buttons will help you get back up faster.
- If you’re not sure what to do next, check out the Featured List of Challenges in the Hub and Pause Menu for inspiration.