Question: My Call of Duty: Vanguard stats and rank are lower than where they were the last time I played. What happened?
Answer: If your stats and rank become altered or modified outside of normal game mechanics, the Call of Duty servers will attempt to restore them using the most recently stored backup. This means that your stats and rank might not be exactly where they were before the reset occurred.
Question: What might have caused this?
Answer: Stats and rank issues can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Playing on a Wi-Fi connection: Wireless connections tend to be unstable and can lead to data loss.
- Playing on a shared connection: Data loss can occur over shared connections, such as institutional (school) or corporate networks.
- Quitting matches early: Data is routinely stored after each match. Leaving a match early can negatively impact data being saved from previous matches.
- Exiting the game early: Leaving the game before a Public Match is complete could impact data from previous matches.
- Playing in Private Matches with players you don't know: Accepting Private Match invitations from players you don't know can unknowingly enter you into a hacked lobby and/or leave you susceptible to corruption or loss of data.
Question: How can I ensure this doesn't happen?
Answer: Here are some best practices to protect your rank and stats:
- Always play Public Matches over a wired connection.
- Avoid playing on a shared connection.
- Always complete Public Matches.
- Only play Private Matches with players you know and trust.