Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Installation and Setup
Update your console
Before installing and playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, it is highly recommended that you check for and install any console updates that are available before installing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Allow all console updates to finish before beginning the installation. Read more about updating your console below.
Let everything do its thing
Please be sure that the entire installation is complete before launching the game. Starting the game before the installation completes can cause corrupt installations that can lead to crashes, freezes, and lost data. Your console should be connected to the Internet before the installation begins and remain connected during the entire installation process.
Downloading digital copies on Xbox One
You may experience slow downloads due to the size of the download, as well as your region and the speed of your Internet connection. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is a 49 GB download. If your Internet connection's download speed is 10 MB, the download can take up to 11 hours. On a 30 MB connection, the download can take three hours. Learn more about downloading and installing games on Xbox One
If you have downloaded digital content but you are not seeing it in-game, you may need to completely close the game for the content to appear. Exit to your console's dashboard and quit the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare application. Restart the game and your digital content should appear.
Updating Xbox One
To check for available updates on Xbox One:
Updating PlayStation 4
- Select the Home button in the center of your controller.
- Select Settings.
- Select System.
- Available updates will be listed under Console info.
To check for available updates on PlayStation 4:
Updating Xbox 360
- Select the Home button in the center of the controller.
- Scroll up and select Settings.
- Select System Software Update.
To check for available updates on Xbox 360:
Updating PlayStation 3
- Select the Guide button in the center of your controller.
- Select Settings, then select System Settings.
- Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection .
- Select Yes if you are prompted to update the console software.
To check for available updates on PlayStation 3:
- Go to the PS3 Home menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select System Update.
- Select Update via Internet.
– There is no warning given to users attempting to install Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on a 32 bit Windows 7 or Windows 8 computer that does not meet the minimum system requirements. Be sure to review the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Minimum System Requirements