Starting Thursday, April 4, players can play Call of Duty: Black Ops III on supported Mac computers through Steam. Players can choose from three editions of Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and players who already own Call of Duty: Black Ops III for PC will have free access to download their version on Mac and vice versa.
The following are some frequently asked questions about Call of Duty: Black Ops III along with troubleshooting tips to install and access the game.
Your Mac needs to meet or exceed all of the minimum requirements listed below to maximize your Call of Duty: Black Ops III experience on Mac.
OS: 10.13 High Sierra or later
CPU: Intel Core i5 (4 Cores)
CPU Speed: 2.3 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Hard Drive Space: 125 GB
Video Card: ATI M290X
VRAM: 2 GB
Please note: NVIDIA and Intel GPUs are not officially supported.
1. Which editions of Call of Duty: Black Ops III are available for Mac?
Call of Duty: Black Ops III is available in three editions:
- Multiplayer Starter Pack: a Multiplayer-only version of Call of Duty: Black Ops III. This version can be upgraded to the full game. Learn more about the Multiplayer Starter Pack.
- Zombies Chronicles Edition: includes the full base game and the Zombies Chronicles content collection expansion, which features eight classic, fully-remastered Zombies maps. Learn more about Zombies Chronicles.
- Zombies Deluxe Edition: includes the full base game, Season Pass and the Zombies Chronicles content expansion.
2. What other content is available?
All content previously releases for Call of Duty: Black Ops III is available on Mac. Additional content is available as individual purchases on Mac, including:
3. Where do I go to download Call of Duty: Black Ops III on Mac?
Call of Duty: Black Ops III is available on Steam. The game is not available in the Mac App Store.
4. Can I buy COD Points?
Yes. COD Points (CP) can be used to obtain Rare Supply Drops in the Multiplayer Black Market and Vials of Liquid Divinium in Dr. Monty's Factory in Zombies. COD Points can also be used to acquire other in-game items such as Extra Loadout Slots for Multiplayer.
5. Do I have to buy COD Points to play?
No. COD Points are optional and do not affect core progression in Multiplayer or Zombies.
6. Is there support for third-party gamepads?
Yes. Call of Duty: Black Ops III on Mac will support the following:
- Microsoft: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows (Wired) and Xbox One Controller (Wired)
- Requires macOS 10.14.3 or higher
- Sony: PlayStation 3 DualShock 3 wireless controller and PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 wireless controller
- Logitech: Rumblepad 2 and Dual Action
7. Which languages are available?
Call of Duty: Black Ops III for Mac is available in the following languages at launch:
- Menu: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Polish
- Audio: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian
- Subtitles: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Polish
8. Can Mac users play with Windows users?
Yes. Mac and Windows players can play Multiplayer together.
9. If I played Call of Duty: Black Ops III on PC, will my stats carry over to Mac?
Yes. Stats and rank are tied to your Steam account and will carry over between PC and Mac.
10. If I was banned in Call of Duty: Black Ops III on PC, can I play on Mac?
Previous enforcement actions taken on an account remain active.
11. I'm experiencing low frame rate. What should I do?
First, be sure your Mac meets the minimum system requirements to play Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
External monitors may also produce a low frame rate, as the in-game frame rate is tied to your Mac's refresh rate. Lowering your Mac System Resolution to 1080p should result in a 60Hz Refresh Rate. You can check your Resolution and Refresh Rate under Displays in System Preferences.