Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Download and Installation Issues
We are aware that some players are experiencing slow download and installation issues with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. We have identified a couple of scenarios that may lead to these issues along with some troubleshooting tips to solve each one.
- Make sure that your console is up to date with the latest firmware. How do I check for updates?
- Make sure your console is connected to the Internet before starting the installation.
- Keep your console connected to the Internet throughout the entire installation.
- Do not attempt to play the game during installation. Allow the entire installation to complete before starting the game.
- Make sure your console is set to your current region.
- You may experience slow downloads due to the size of the download, as well as your region and the speed of your Internet connection. If your Internet connection’s download speed is 10 MB, the download can take up to 11 hours. On a 30 MB connection, the download can take three hours.
If you pre-loaded Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on PlayStation 4 and you're experiencing issues with the game, follow the steps below.
- Make sure your PlayStation 4 updated to the latest firmware. If this doesn’t solve the issue, continue to Step 2.
- Restore your PS4 licenses. Go to Settings > PSN > Restore License. If this doesn't solve the issue, continue to Step 3.
- Go to Library, highlight Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and press Options.
- Delete Game Content.
- While still in the Library highlight Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and press X to re-download the content.
Update running during installation
Some players have reported corrupt or locked up installs due to updates being downloaded while the game is downloading or being installed on Xbox One. You will know this is happening if the installation keeps switching between Installation and Queued. If you run into this issue, try the following:
- Remove the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc from your Xbox One.
- Go to My Games, press the Menu button, and then uninstall Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
- Place the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc back in your Xbox One.
- Try to begin the game, and if it asks you to update, say No. Your game should begin installing.
- After the install has completed, boot up the game and install the update.
We have learned that players using the 14.11 preview firmware on Xbox One may experience extremely long installation times on physical copies. Players who have 14.11 preview firmware on Xbox One are recommended to install offline.