Jan. 17 Update: Blackout Free Trial, "Down But Not Out" Limited-Time Mode in Blackout on PlayStation 4
- Blackout Free Trial now live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
- PC 1.11 update now live.
- Down But Not Out limited-time mode live in Blackout (PlayStation 4).
- Improvements to looting interface and ARAV passenger hit detection in Blackout (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One).
- Improvements to Zombies Gauntlets (PlayStation 4).
- "Clear all New item markers" button now clears "New" notifications in Personalization menu (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One).
- Fix for Gunship camera resetting when switching ammo types.
- Misc. stability and bug fixes in Multiplayer and Blackout.
The following updates are live today on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC:
- Blackout Free Trial
- Play Blackout for free through 10AM PT Jan. 24 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Free Trial players earn Echelon progression and unlock Tiers and loot through the Black Market, with no limit on playtime or player progression.
- Download and install the Blackout Free Trial from the store on PlayStation 4/Xbox One, and from Battle.net on PC.
- Fixed crashes that could occur in certain cases when joining a lobby and during infiltration at the start of a match.
- Resolved an issue with the Gunship camera resetting when switching ammo types.
- Black Market
- Fixed a UI error tied to purchasing items in Blackjack's Shop.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a Zero player hacked Torque's Barricade.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using Prophet's Tempest.
- Resolved an issue where a red triangle would appear on the Armory button after leaving a CWL Custom Game.
- "Clear all New item markers" button now clears "New" notifications in Personalization menu. (Live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One; incoming on PC.)
The following updates are live first on PlayStation 4:
- Limited-Time Mode
- Down But Not Out
- Playlist now live in Blackout on PlayStation 4 through Jan. 30.
- Fallen teammates redeploy with each new Collapse as long as one player in the squad is still alive.
- Players redeploy with a pistol, limited ammo, and 5x First Aid bandages.
- Players can no longer redeploy once the final Collapse begins.
- Collapses occur more frequently than in standard Blackout game modes.
- Play in squads up to 4 players with a maximum total of 100 players per match.
- Resolved an issue with players not being able to purchase wall-buys in certain situations.
- Resolved an issue where the player would not have their Mule Kick weapon returned to them after round 14, if Mule Kick was acquired via the Perk Up elixir.
- Updated the weapon descriptions in the rules for three rounds.
- Replaced a thumbnail in local play to properly display "Unsinkable" for the new Gauntlet.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players were downed during Gauntlets.
The following updates are now live on consoles as of 11AM PT Jan. 17, coming soon to PC:
- Resolved an issue in the looting interface with Stash items being reordered when the player looted items from a Stash.
- Resolved an issue with hit detection on ARAV passengers hanging out of the window.
- Game Modes
- Resolved an issue that resulted in items being purchased multiple times automatically.
- Tac-Deploy now properly expires after intended duration in the field.
- Replaced missing voiceover lines for Zero.
- Tactical Mask
- Using an EMP Disruptor on an enemy with Tactical Mask equipped will now display the Tactical Mask icon on-screen.
- Blood of the Dead
- Closed an exploit where the player could use the Ragnarok DG-5 to reach an exploitable area on the Docks Bridge.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player disconnected before a Wonder Weapon charged shot was cleared.