My Call of Duty: Black Ops III Stats and Rank Have Been Reset in Multiplayer
Question: My Call of Duty: Black Ops III rank and stats have been reset or are lower than where they were the last time I played. What happened?
Answer: If your rank or stats have become altered or modified outside of normal game mechanics, the Call of Duty servers will attempt to restore them using the most recently stored backup. This means that your rank or stats may not be exactly where they were before the reset occurred.
Question: What may have caused this?
Answer: Rank and stats issues can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Playing on a shared connection — Data loss can occur over shared connections such as institutional (school) or corporate networks.
- Playing on a Wi-Fi connection — Wireless connections tend to be unstable and can lead to data loss.
- Quitting matches early — Data is routinely stored at the conclusion of each match. Leaving a match early can negatively impact data being saved from previous matches.
- Exiting the game early — Leaving the game before a Public Match is complete could impact data from previous matches.
- Playing in private matches with players you don't know — Accepting Private Match invitations from players you don't know can unknowingly enter you into a hacked lobby and/or leave you susceptible to corruption or loss of data.
Question: How can I ensure this doesn't happen?
Answer: Here are some best practices to protect your rank and stats:
- Always play Public Matches over a wired connection.
- Always complete Public Matches.
- Avoid playing on a shared connection.
- Only play Private Matches with players you know and trust.