Question: King’s Quest is telling me that a compatibility pack is needed and attempts to download it, but the download never seems to complete and I can't play the game. How do I fix this?
Answer: If your Xbox 360 continually tries and fails to properly download and install a compatability pack, the following steps will resolve the issue:
- Delete any partial or corrupt downloads of the compatibility pack by following these steps:
- Navigate to the settings tab on your Xbox 360 dashboardand select System.
- Select Storage.
- Select All Devices.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Navigate to King's Quest. Find the name of the compatibility pack the game was attempting to download
- Delete that file by selecting the file, selecting Delete, then select Yes.
- After you have deleted the file, navigate to the details page for the King's Quest Complete Collection and re-download the file by following these steps:
- From the Dashboard, navigate to the Games tab.
- Select My Games.
- Navigate to King's Quest and press the X button to access the Game Details page.
- Navigate to the Extras tab.
- Select See All to a view a list of all related add-ons.
- Find and select Compatibillity Pack the game was attempting to download to manually download the file to your system.
- Once the download has completed, turn off and restart your Xbox 360 console.
You should now be able to play King's Quest.