Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
We recommend players on Windows 10 use Windows version 1809. Use the standard Windows updating process to apply this Windows version to your PC.
If you're experiencing graphical issues in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, be sure to install the applicable video card drivers listed below.
The recommended driver version for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is Game Ready Driver 440.97. Bug fixes and optimizations have been done specifically for this version.
On Windows 7, driver version Game Ready Driver 419.00 or above is required, though Game Ready Driver 440.97 is still recommended.
The recommended driver version for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is Radeon Software version 19.10.2.
Intel Integrated GPUs are not supported in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
Please note: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare cannot be played on Windows 8 as the operating system does not support DX12.
Question: I received an error message saying that my video card drivers are out of date. How can I update my drivers?
Answer: One of the first things you should do when a game is having problems is ensuring that your computer's drivers and operating system are up to date. Out-of-date drivers and operating systems can lead to several issues that can negatively affect game performance.
A few things to note:
- Even new computers can have out-of-date drivers and operating systems because updates are released routinely.
- Some games and programs might run fine on a system with old drivers, but outdated drivers can still create technical issues with specific games or programs.
How do I update my video card drivers?
- Press Windows + R.
- Type "DxDiag" and click OK.
- After the DirectX Diagnostic Tool loads, select the Display tab.
- The video card's name and manufacturer are listed in the Device section. The current driver version is listed in the Driver section.
- Visit the driver manufacturer's website to obtain the most up-to-date driver. Contact the driver manufacturer for assistance with updating the driver. If the computer is under warranty, contact the computer manufacturer.