Whether you’re playing locally with friends or online with other players around the world, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 offers a wide assortment of Multiplayer options.
Relive the days of playing your opponent face-to-face in two-player split-screen from the comfort of your couch. Local Multiplayer allows you to pick your Game Mode and Park.
Want to take on other players online? Choose Quick Playlist to jump right into the action and play a curated set of Game Modes and Skate Parks. You’ll be matched with up to seven other players. There are two Playlists that cater to players of different skill:
- Jams: For a more casual competition where the top four Skaters win.
- Competitive: Looking for some fiercer competition? Only the top Skater earns a win in Competitive matches.
Online multiplayer requires a PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live subscription.
Please note: We’ll also be adding more flexibility for Private Parties that will allow you to have a more personal multiplayer experience with your friends. Be on the lookout for a title update later this Fall.
Multiplayer Game Modes
- Free Skate: There is no winning this Mode; you skate the level freely. Sessions start in this Mode to allow other players to join up.
- Score Challenge: The first player to reach a pre-determined score wins.
- Combo Challenge: The first player to perform a combo that meets or surpasses the pre-determined score wins.
- Trick Attack: The player with the highest score at the end of the time limit wins.
- Combo Mambo: The player with the highest combo score at the end of the time limit wins.
- Graffiti: Tag any object in a Park by performing a trick/combo on it, turning the object to a color unique to each player. If another player performs a higher-scoring trick/combo on that object, they steal that object from the original tagger and Tag it with their unique color. The player with the most Tags at the end of the time limit wins.
- Tag: One player is “It” to begin the round. Each player has their own timer, and when they are “It”, the timer counts down. The “It” player must tag any opponent to make them “It” and pause their own timer. If the timer hits zero while you’re “It”, you lose. The “It” player can perform tricks/combos to make their opponent easier to catch. The player who is “It” for the least amount of time wins.
- H-O-R-S-E (Local Multiplayer only): Players challenge each other for the highest combo score. One player performs a combo, and their opponent attempts to exceed that Combo score. Players earn a letter by failing to exceed their opponent's previous score. The first player to earn the letters H-O-R-S-E loses. (You can customize the word/letters to play. For example, you can change HORSE to SKATE.)