From May 11 to May 25, Call of Duty: Warzone Operators can stand toe-to-toe with Kong and Godzilla in the Operation Monarch limited-time mode.
This mode shares a name with the Operation Monarch event, which offers rewards for participating in matches, collecting Monarch Intel, completing challenges, and even buying limited-time Monsterverse Bundles inspired by Godzilla vs. Kong.
- Monarch Designation: GODZILLA
- Scientific Classification: TITANUS GOJIRA
- Height: 393 Feet
- Known Attacks: Heat Ray Breath, Tail Swipe, Dorsal Slice
- Tail Length: 582 Feet
- Top Tail Swipe Speed: 89 MPH
- Underwater Cruising Speed: 40-50 Knots
- Volume of Roar: Up To 174 dB
- Blood Volume: 530,000 Gallons
- Tensile Strength of Bone: 3,000 MPS (Megapascal)
- Heat Ray Energy Yield: 315 Trillion Joules
The King of the Monsters has risen from the darkest depths of the ocean to unleash his devastating breath and thunderous roar on unsuspecting shores.
No one — not even the secretive monster defense agency Monarch — knows why Godzilla is so enraged, attacking cities around the world.
His latest target is Caldera, patrolling around the island and using his Heat Ray Breath haphazardly.
This deadly beam of energy appears as several red circles on your minimap after it lights up Godzilla’s scales with an icy-blue glow. Just like a Precision Airstrike, it is best to avoid his line of fire; although he does not purposely target Operators, those who accidentally end up in his destructive path will have mere seconds before getting blasted.
- Monarch Designation: KONG
- Scientific Classification: TITANUS KONG
- Height: 337 Feet
- Known Attacks: Quake Slam, Fin Breaker, Aerial Axe Slash
- Punch Strength: Approx. 4.2 M (Magnitude on Richter Scale)
- Tensile Strength of Bone: 2,800 MPS (Megapascal)
- Volume of Roar: Up to 170 dB
- Top Arm Swing Speed: 62 MPH
- Top Bipedal Running Speed: 78 MPH
- Top Quadrupedal Running Speed: 104 MPH
- Preferred Diet: Foliage, Bamboo, Mire Squid
The ruler of Skull Island is now all-powerful, his strength forged in the fire of combat, after decades of defending his territory from nature’s most dangerous creatures.
Kong has developed an epic brawler fight style, using quick feet, aerial traversal, and sheer feral strength to confuse and disorient his opponents.
Although his main domain is Skull Island, Kong is here on Caldera. Is he here to defend this island from Godzilla? Or did Godzilla sense him arriving in Caldera first as the true aggressor?
No matter the explanation as to why he is here alongside Godzilla, Kong will leap and jump around the island. His patterns could be considered predictable, but figuring out where he could land requires further on-the-ground research from Operators.
Kong does not mean to completely crush vehicles and Operators underneath his feet. With that said, merely brushing against Kong can put you in a downed state, so keeping a safe distance from him is a major key to survival.
Operation Monarch — Limited-Time Mode Intel
From the initial drop to the final circle, what can Operators expect in the Operation Monarch limited-time mode?
First, they are advised to have a full Quad team; it will be a 60-player match with a Resurgence rule set. A smaller section of Caldera will be marked for the first safe area, and outside of one massive twist, the rules are simple:
Be the last team standing.
On the ground, players will find Monarch Intel via Supply Boxes, special drops, and fallen enemies. Use this to charge a special meter that unlocks items such as Killstreaks and Loadout Drops, along with a unique and powerful Titan Killstreak reward for filling it up completely. Warzone veterans will be familiar with this special meter through the classic Power Grab limited-time mode.
While collecting intel and eliminating enemies, Operators will need to watch out for Kong and Godzilla. Dealing damage to them will award additional Monarch Intel, and while they usually don’t get too aggressive, they will be dangerous during a Titan Frenzy.
At the beginning of an Operation Monarch match, and at another point during it, Kong and Godzilla may become enraged and recklessly attack.
This is known as a Titan Frenzy.
After receiving a Titan Frenzy alert, an Operator has two options: tactically withdraw (run away) from these dangerous creatures or attempt to suppress them by dealing direct damage.
The squad who deals the most damage to either Kong or Godzilla during a Titan Frenzy will automatically receive Monarch’s special S.C.R.E.A.M. Device. Runners-up will still earn Monarch Intel to count toward their special intel meter, whose final reward is a S.C.R.E.A.M. Device.
The Titan S.C.R.E.A.M. Device (Titan Sonic Communication Radar and Echolocation Array Module) is a prototypical device developed by Monarch that lets Operatives unleash the awesome power of Godzilla and Kong in battle.
In Operation Monarch, the S.C.R.E.A.M. Device is a is a Killstreak that grants its user one of two powers from the Titans: a Heat Ray breath from Godzilla or a ground pound from Kong.
Once the attack type is chosen, the Operator can direct it toward anywhere on Caldera. To avoid a barrage of attacks, and to protect the sensory nerves of our Protector Titans, multiple S.C.R.E.A.M. Devices cannot be used in rapid succession.
Like any other Killstreak, timing and location are two major factors to its effectiveness.
Limited-Time Event Unlock Guide
Besides the glory of surviving a battle royale against two Titans, the limited-time mode ties directly to the Operation Monarch limited-time event.
This event contains eight challenges — complete all eight to receive a special “Ancient Rivalry” Marksman Rifle Blueprint:
- Play Operation Monarch for 6 Hours: Reward — Epic “Ancestral Skull” Charm
- Use a Kong or Godzilla Killstreak Once: Reward — Rare “Ancient Remains” Charm
- Use a Kong or Godzilla Killstreak Three Times: Reward — Rare “Monarch Eyes Only” Charm
- Deal 500,000 damage to Titans: Reward — Rare “Concrete Jungle” Sticker
- Deal 135,000 total damage to Kong in Titan Frenzy Events: Reward — Legendary “Team Godzilla” Emblem
- Deal 135,000 total damage to Godzilla in Titan Frenzy Events: Reward — Legendary “Team Kong” Emblem
- Collect 3,000 Monarch Intel: Reward — Epic “Skyline Crasher” Calling Card
- Place in the Top 15 twelve times in the Operation Monarch Limited-Time Mode: Reward — Epic “One Will Fall” Spray
Additional Rewards for Participation
Monarch is also giving out rewards just by playing the Operation Monarch mode and braving the Titan Frenzy in-game event. While these challenges are separate to the eight needed to unlock the “Ancient Rivalry,” there still reward charms, Calling Cards, and Player Titles.
Rumor has it that Monarch has a few secret rewards for the brave (or just plain reckless), so experiment with both monsters and see what you can find…